This recipe was adapted from SkinnyMs.com You can find the original recipe here:http://skinnyms.com/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore-recipe/ A delicious and flavorful meal that takes minutes to prep! So easy and so yummy! Fix Approved!
- 6 Red Containers of boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 Green Container or 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Green Container o r 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3.5 Green Containers or 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pour 1/2 a green container of the diced tomatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients in this order: chicken breasts, onion, bell pepper, garlic, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano remaining diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and basil.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- I like to shred the chicken up in the sauce.
- Serve chicken over whole wheat pasta, spaghetti squash or noodles!! (Add appropriate color container)
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of chicken before serving.( Add your blue container)
For 21 Day Fix. 1 Red Container, 1 Green Container
Recipe Adapted From Skinny Ms